My Secret Weapon for Building Visibility & Confidence in Business
Raise your hand if you’ve had these thoughts in the last week:
- “Should I post that?”
- “What should I share on my blog/Insta/email this week?”
- “How can I be more consistent about creating content?”
Over the last few weeks, I’ve been having a lot of discussions about how we can all be more visible in our brands, and how we can share our expertise. And one thing continues to stand out:
Content equals confidence.
We often think about content as blogs, but it goes beyond that. It’s everything we create, publish, share — all of that. Instagram posts, newsletters, videos, summits and speaking appearances. It’s all content. But content needs to be consistent for it to be effective. And I’d found something important: when you show up consistently and KNOW what you’re going to say, you instantly feel more confident.
When we take the time to map out our content, to develop the words that we have to say that complies our messaging into something worth sharing, we can look at that and feel confident about what it is that we do. That’s why I’m so focused on content plans lately.
Why do I love content plans so much?
As a visibility + greatness coach and brand strategist, you might not think that I’d be all about creating a content plan. But they’re totally connected. How? Because a content plan literally gives you a roadmap for how to show up. And you drew the freakin’ map!
There are a few other things that content planning give you:
- Readiness to share your message. Need to come up with a post? Record a video for a summit? You can look at your content bank and be instantly reminded of what it is that you do and why you are an expert voice to share it.
- Trust from your audience… and yourself. When you are content-ready, you can easily reflect on it and remind yourself that YES, you do know your stuff. Your audience will know it too because you keep showing up and droppin’ that knowledge!
- Reflection and room for growth. When you see your content mapped out, you can find holes, expand on it, and make your message even better. But only by having it mapped out first can you spot the missing pieces.
But if you want to learn more about how content can make you feel like the expert you are, how to plan content, and what sort of content to plan for, I’m getting all up in there in this latest episode of Brave New You!
Between Abby Herman’s guest episode (Episode 049) and this one, you should be more than ready to dive into your content creation and share your message with the world. Don’t forget, my friend: storytelling equals selling. We tell stories through content. And content equals confidence. It’s allllllll connected.